Wednesday 14 July 2010

DIY: Message cat!

I have to admit, it never really occurred to me that there is such a thing as blackboard paint. Then, a few months ago, I opened a magazine and there it was: a room with an entire wall turned into blackboard. Amazing! It was all at once chic and modern, usefull and playfull. I was sold. Alas, I live in rented accomodation and my fun has its limits. Still, I thought it would be fun to experiment so I got some paint on eBay and I'm on a mission to turn objects into... blank slates!:) Having taken care of this garden atrocity I'm on a lookout for my next victim! Any suggestions?:)
before: sad cat:(

after: message cat!!!

5 comments:

  1. truly delightful! I love it! X)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is, if anything, even COOLER that I thought it was going to be. I particularly like how the golden eyes stand out against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have message mugs, so you can leave tea outside people's bedrooms with nice things written on them. Or nasty things, depends on your mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, OR around the edge of the TV screen and you could put quotes from your favourite shows, or films, or reminders to watch stuff :)
    Haha, now I keep looking at things and thinking "If I had some blackboard paint....."

    ReplyDelete