Tuesday 2 March 2010

Currently reading


Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Loaned from the local library - how "green"(cheap:) of me!
Ever since the success with which Still life with Woodpecker exploded into my life this December (pun unintended;), I've had an unshakable craving for more fantasticaly bizzare racy philosophical adventures. Robbins is a story-telling guru, a pacemaker for the heart failure of modern writing, and a blunt raunchy son-of-a-gun. Serious and delirious. Read him now and never look back.
And should you develop a sudden longing for the smell of jasmine on a wet hot New Orleans night, I reccomend L'Occitanne's Green Tea with Jasmine Eau de Toilette. I was on a mission this weekend, dying to find a bottled message that would explain to my nose what the business of a certain Madame Devalier was all about. I think that's the best translation I've got so far;)

More on this later, if and when I discover the significance of beets.

No comments:

Post a Comment