Wednesday 30 September 2009

Gracia + Louise

I was flicking through some updates on the blogs I'm following and these 2 pictures made me gasp in awe:

Something mighty peculiar was afoot but I was hard-pressed to say for certain what it was
by Gracia Haby & Louise Jennison

They are wonderfully odd and enigmatically splendiferous! And definately remind me of fairy tale book illustrations - it's hard not to think of a magic story to go along with them:) I followed the thread back to the home page of the creators, only to be charmed by more collages and paper-based art projects.
This is how they describe themselves:
Using paper as our primary medium, we make limited edition artists' books, lithographic offset prints, zines and the like, together, and have been doing so for many years now. Based in Melbourne, we work from home, and we are often to be found up late tinkering on some project.
I strongly reccomend spendind 15min or half an hour in delightful exploration of their website. I'm inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words... "enigmatically splendiferous!" is quite the compliment.

    thanks, g

    ReplyDelete