Thursday 24 September 2009

Boho yoohoo!

As I'm packing away for a weekend in Andalucia (XD I know!), I make sure to grab only the hippiest, brightest and lightest of things. No tweed skirts, no ironed shirts (or, as one elderly lady I examined this week pointed out with distaste: blouses, because only men wear shirts;) and definately no raincoat! I am becoming one with the holiday spirit, and it is easy enough if you look the part! So wish me luck with the happiest elegy to the Summer I could think of. She will be missed!
If you like the idea but aren't exactly ready to jump on a flight to Spain, here is a choice of cheerful "mourning" jewellery;) It's definately one way to carry a bit of the Summer around with you throughout those cold days ahead...




A few of my favourite vintage boho jewellery finds from Etsy. They are all amazing, unique and really not that pricey for how good they look! What's not to boho?;)

8 comments:

  1. utterly gorgeous collection. i'm coming with you! just about to post a big, bold, horn necklace with copper, brass and silvertone metals. stay tuned! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7107142

    thanks so much for including me in your blog. I love it here! - pinguim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post and fun blog! I hadn't been here before and came on the head's up you gave about my Afghan necklace. Thanks for promoting it and all of us. Really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, here it is, love: just listed the Big Bold Horn, Copper, Brass, and Silver Metal Necklace http://bit.ly/aqOov

    Had so much fun listing a number of lush bohemian necklaces just today - wood, brass, horn... oversized reptile bangle, etc, and more to come. I feel like I'm working in a museum again. :)

    I post to twitter as I list @pinguimvintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!
    The Horn/copper/brass necklace is adorable!
    Ahh... working in a museum of vintage jewellery... wouldn't that be a treat!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only wish I could jump on a plane to meet you in Spain! Thank you for including one of my pieces amongst such beautiful choices!!

    :) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. gREAT BLOG - gREAT PICTURES - hAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP. tHANK u fOR lISTING uS iN oUR fIRST eVER bLOG. hOW eXCITING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "...and definately no raincoat!"

    Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the lovely comments! I will try and make the blog as interesting and stimulating as possible:)
    Alas, the weekend trip, however wonderful, was indeed a bit rainy... Costa del Agua;)

    ReplyDelete