Tuesday 19 March 2013

Back

I am back from a whirlwind holiday in Chicago where I had a flamboyantly fabulous time. I went out dancing every other night, had a Chinese massage, saw bio-luminescent fish, I even ate elk!!! AND I got to spend time with people who are... the sugar in my coffee, the hole in my donut and the twirl in my confetti. It was simply too nice! Consequently I am now completely bedridden with terminal melancholy. And a tummy ache after eating all those Reese's Peanut Butter Cups which I was meant to bring to work tomorrow as a treat for my co-workers...

After getting back home I bummed around for hours, caught up on Girls (I think Hannah's character may actually be based on my life and my face), radiated inertia. The closest I got to achieving anything was when I finally finished reading Even Cowgirls Get The Blues. It is one of the best books I have ever read. Brilliant work of philosophical literary comic genius. Wickedly smart and entertainingly insane.
Perfectly reassuring.
Profoundly unnerving.
Seriously, read it right now and/or weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment