Saturday 24 November 2012

Great new films you've probably not yet seen!

Today I bring you two worthy reccomendations from the Bath Film Festival! I urge you to get your paws on these! All I can say is: I wish I had time to see more movies at BFF... They feature exactly the kind of films I'd like to see more of, but usually I'm not quite sure where to find them or even how to find out about them. I think they've done a SPLENDID job of curating cinematic treats on a limited budet.

Silent Souls
Russia 2010
Director: Aleksei Fedorchenko
“In this land there are only two gods: love and water”
When Miron’s beloved wife Tanya passes away, he asks his colleague Aist to help him say goodbye to her according to the rituals of the Merja culture, an ancient Finno-Ugric tribe from Lake Nero, a picturesque region in West-Central Russia.
Absolutely beautiful.

Sound if my voice
USA 2011
Director: Zal Batmanglij
An amateur journalist and his girlfriend get pulled in while they investigate a cult whose leader claims to be from the future. A perfect example of a movie that makes you questin everything about it.
Can you tell if it's sci-fi?

No comments:

Post a Comment